Winter Walk Day 2017
Winter is still a great time to walk and be outside! Schools and youth groups are invited to walk at school or around the neighbourhood, walk to school, or go for a hike on Winter Walk Day. Don't let cold, wind, snow or rain keep folks from heading out for a walk. If they dress properly and practice winter safety, they're ready to go! Walking is fun when you walk together. It's good for our bodies because of the extra physical activity. It's good for the Earth if you walk as transportation because it cuts down on the number of polluting cars on our streets.
You may hold your Winter Walk Day on ANY day in February and register for it at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2SL8FYV.
When registering for Winter Walk Day 2017, your school or group commits to the following 4 steps:
1. Choose a day in February as Winter Walk Day
2. Promote the event to participants
3. Educate participants on winter walking safety
4. Tell us how the event went on the Evaluation Survey that we’ll email to you at the end of February
By completing all these 4 steps your school/group will be automatically entered to win one of two $50 MEC gift cards!
To help you in your Winter Walk Day promotion efforts, the following documents (available in both English & French) will be emailed to you upon registration:
• 8.5 x 11 inch flyer/poster template
• Template to use for announcements, in newsletters, etc.
• Winter Walking Safety tip sheet
• Winter Walk Day - NS Curriculum Links (grades P to 6)
For more information on this event, please feel free to contact us:
Natalia Diaz-Insense & Stephanie Johnstone-Laurette, Youth AT Coordinators
902-442-0209 (Mainland NS) or 902-562-5371 (Cape Breton & Eastern NS)
firstname.lastname@example.org OR email@example.com
You are welcome to send pictures of your event to us or post them on the Take the Roof-Off Winter Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/TakeTheRoofOffWinter